Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tutorial: JCrew inspired Bracelet

I've been seeing this great big diamond bracelet all over the blogosphere. I finally found out that it is a JCrew bracelet, and will set you back over $100. I may be making the "big bucks" now at my first real person job, but...not that big of bucks. So I became resourceful and made my own! I love the way it turned out, and it was super easy.

 Top: the inspiration (seen here)
Bottom: the homemade version

 Step 1: Supplies. This only required 3 things, all found at your local craft store: 8-10 large diamond buttons, a lobster clasp, and jump rings (these are 6 mm). Total cost: $15.  You will also need a pair of pliers.
 I laid out my supplies with an already made bracelet so I knew how long I would want it to be.
Step 2: Attach the jump rings to the lobster clip by simply opening the ring up enough to slip it onto the clip. I added 4 rings until I added the first button.
Step 3: Attach button.
Step 4: Add 3 more jump rings, add another button, and keep going until the bracelet is as long as you want it to be. Then add enough jump rings at the end so you can put it on. Done! Super easy, only takes ~20 mintues, and you save yourself $100+.


P.S. Only 3 days left to enter the giveaway? Enter here!

No comments: