Friday, January 6, 2012

Felty Balls

Can we ever have a post without a play on words? The answer is no, we can't. We have to be as dirty as possible with these crafty posts!


So felty balls have become a favorite pastime for my mom. Now, I wish I could give you a step by step tutorial on how to do these...but we aren't there yet people! If you want a beginning tutorial, check out this blog post or this one! I think the take away message is to be as creative as possible (obviously, this is usually the end goal...). Here are just a few examples of the felt balls made so far!


My mom obviously hates water and the beach. As evidenced here, here, and here.




Remember Hans and Baer? Obvious cute inspiration:


How cute are the backs?



Part of the decorations in the GetAway Attic



Have any tips for ball felting? Want to share your felting projects! Please share below!


homemade pin cushion

1 comment:

inthekitchen said...

These are all so cute! I love the dogs - very impressive. I tried my first felting project in December...didn't turn out nearly as well :/

Mine was a fox head and tail...it was very creepy without a body. I don't think I posted a picture on my blog...too embarrassing ;)