Wednesday, December 28, 2011

have I mentioned our house isn't boring?

I think the one word people wouldn't use to describe my family and our house is boring. Between the German in us, there being 6 of us, and my mom's hatred for the color white, there isn't going to be a dull moment in our house. While this can be a bit daunting for people coming into the family who aren't used to such a commotion, I don't think any of us would have it any other way!

I mean, come on! Who has this in their house? Apparently we do.


Thrifted pull cabinet
Sea Horse Details




Instead of not allowing us to write on the walls (okay, hopefully we are all past the "writing on the wall with markers" stage...maybe), my mom painted 2 wood panels with chalkboard paint and let us go crazy.

While this may not look toooooo out of the ordinary from the front...

Look at the top and inside! The top is mosaic-ed with plate pieces (hand broken for anger release) and fishbowl marbles, while the drawer and legs are

No comments: